Sawtooth Software assists the academic community through the following initiatives:
- Extremely affordable Academic Lab Subscriptions
- Software Grants to qualifying Ph.D. and Masters students
- Deep Technical Papers Library including our Conference Proceedings dating back to 1987
- Interactive conjoint analysis training module
- A Conjoint Analysis Textbook for use in the classroom
- Suggested Curriculum, including White Papers, Presentation Slides, Videos, and Suggested Exercises (described below)
*Includes primary research project using ACA, CVA or CBC software
All materials may be used in full or in part and freely distributed in electronic or hard copy form, as long as the citation "Copyright Sawtooth Software" is included somewhere on the document.
It is not necessary to obtain a Sawtooth Software subscription to make use of this material. Excel may be used for all exercises. However, academic versions of Sawtooth Software's conjoint systems may be used to complete student research projects. An academic lab subscription covering our conjoint systems is sold for $1000. Academic versions are just like the professional versions, except they may only be used for teaching purposes, and are limited to analyzing no more than 250 respondents and 10 attributes.