Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I include one attribute level in all cbc tasks?

Hello,

I have an attribute called 'timing' with the following levels:

at the album's release date
1 week after the album's release date
2 weeks after the album's release date
4 weeks after the album's release date

Is there any way  I can make sure that the level 'at the album's release date' appears in all cbc tasks at least once?

Thank you and kind regards,
Colin
asked May 24, 2017 by Colin (305 points)
retagged May 24, 2017 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
I don't think there is any way to make sure the software does this automatically.  But, users may export their CBC designs to a .CSV file (which you can open in Excel) and modify the design to suit their purposes.  After modifying the design, re-import the modified .CSV and then run our Test Design functionality to see how much the modified design was degraded or not in terms of overall D-efficiency and standard errors of each of the attribute levels.  Lower standard errors of course are better.

You could export the .CSV original design file and in Excel write some additional logic and formulas in the columns to the right of the design information.  The additional formulas could randomly choose one of the concepts in the task to fix to the "at the album's release date" level.  Import the modified .CSV file and re-run the Test Design functionality.
answered May 26, 2017 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (163,515 points)
Thanks Bryan, I managed to do this with excel and to import the adjusted design file. The test design does not seem to have suffered much. Thanks a lot for the hint.