Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

perform regression with HB outcome and factors from survey

I performed a HB analysis with the help of lighthouse studio.  now i want to take the results and analyze them further with R (or SPSS). Therefore I want to perform a regression analysis with already calculated factors of survey questions (same survey like the CBC study was performed).
is there any way to do so? what output data do I need to take to perform this? Is the RLH column suitable for this? Or do I need to take different values?
Thank you very much!
asked Dec 16, 2018 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
I don't know what sense it would make to use the RLH in a regression.  That's a fit statistic, sort of like an R-squared and not the kind of thing you'd typically think of as being a variable in a regression analysis.  What are the objectives of your regression analysis?
answered Dec 17, 2018 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (74,725 points)
As i understand, the user wants to know if there is a possibility to calculate statistics (korrelation, regression) with attributes from the choice model and variables from a survey, computed to factors, assuming that both are collected with the same survey. Also if there is a way to export a variable from the choice model where this can be done with.
I do really think that’s an important question, as I am also interested in the result.
Yes.  If you export the respondent-level HB utilities once you've calculated them, it's pretty routine to run correlations with them, or cluster analysis, both alone and in combination with other variables (often within the survey but sometimes from other data sources for which data on those respondents exists).