Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

sys_pagetime

Does sys_pagetime work in loops correctly?

if yes: the labelling in the export functionality sais it is "milliseconds" but this is obvoiously wrong.

So is it "seconds", correct?
asked Dec 24, 2018 by anonymous

2 Answers

0 votes
As far as we are aware the pagetimes do work correctly in loops. What you should see in the data is sys_pagetime_2.1 (meaning page 2, first time through the loop), sys_pagetime_2.2, etc. You are correct that the values should be in seconds.

Could you let me know what version of the software you're using and where are you seeing the it labeled as milliseconds? For example are you exporting to a .csv? Is it in the labels file? I've not been able to find it in my quick testing.

EDIT:

We are aware of a bug in the pagetime() Sawtooth Script function, but the individual sys_pagtime values in the Database are correct. If you are looking for the total sum of all the pages the respondent has seen so far, you can use GETVALUE('sys-SumPageTimes') as Saurabh suggests below. If needed in the meantime I can help with an unverified perl solution to calculate pagetimes using a range.

The fix to the pagetime() function will be included in the next release of Lighthouse Studio.

If you could still let me know where it says that number is milliseconds that would be great!
answered Dec 28, 2018 by Lance Adamson Bronze Sawtooth Software, Inc. (1,775 points)
edited Dec 31, 2018 by Lance Adamson
0 votes
I am not sure of sys_pagetime variables which get autosaved in datafile but there is a bug while calculating time at runtime using function "pagetime(x,y)" when loops are present.

Please use GETVALUE('sys_SumPageTimes').
answered Dec 31, 2018 by Saurabh Aggarwal Gold (30,355 points)
edited Dec 31, 2018 by Saurabh Aggarwal