Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Worst task upload to HB module

Hi,
Could you please advise best-worst tasks upload to HB module using .cho or .chs files?  For example, I have 2 attributes (15 levels in the first,  and 5 levels in the second), 5 concepts in a task. Respondents chose the best and the worst concepts.
Can I upload as .chs data (chip allocation)? So 2 chips will be given to the best, 0 chips will be given to the worst and 1 chips will be assigned to other concepts in a task.
asked Jan 14 by abaikov (120 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
In this case, you should use a .csv file instead of a .cho or .chs.  In the .csv layout, the first columns are respondent ID, task, and concept followed by the attribute columns.  The last column will be the response.  For the best code a 1, and for the worst code a -1.
answered Jan 14 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (18,680 points)
0 votes
Coding a best-worst CBC experiment as chip allocation with 2 given to the gest, 0 to the worst and 1 to the other concepts seems arbitrary to me.  We have provided formally a more appropriate approach for coding best-worst CBC experiments in the CBC/HB standalone software (the HB Module).  

Use the .CSV layout for your data file, and code "best" concepts as "1" and worst concepts as "-1" in the response column.  See section 4.2 in the CBC/HB Manual (https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/download/techpap/CBCHB_Manual.pdf).
answered Jan 14 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (164,515 points)