Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Utility Adjustment in Excel Simulator

When exporting a defined simulation scenario from Lighthouse to Excel I don‘t see an option to keep the utility adjustment that had been applied to this scenario in Lighthouse. Is it somehow possible to manually add the utility adjustment to the Excel simulator?
asked Feb 1 by TKoop (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
No, that feature is not available. Since an Excel simulator has a scenario that can be changed so easily and the adjustments are scenario-specific, we did not include the feature.

However, you could modify the formulas on the share calculation page to include the adjustments, again with a warning that the adjustments only make sense for the scenario they were computed with.
answered Feb 1 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (18,280 points)
Thanks for your quick answer and the warning that comes along with the adjustments!

How do I have to modify the formulas if I wanted to include the adjustments in the Excel simulator? Is it adding/subtracting the calculated adjustments?
On the Share Calculation page, the several columns starting with B are the columns that have the total utility for each product.  You would have to modify the formula to add the adjustment.  For example,

=myadjustment + SUMPRODUCT('Respondent Data'!B2:AX2,'Product Coding'!A84:AW84)*'Front Page'!B24