Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to retrieve deleted data?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is possibly a way to retrieve data from a live survey? I reset the survey whilst the survey was live and lost some survey data.

Thanks for any assistance.
asked Feb 27 by anonymous

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi there,

If you are hosting with us, we take multiple backups of live surveys everyday. We retain those backups for 90 days after the hosting project's closing date. So if you are hosting with us, you would be in luck. Send an email to hosting@sawtoothsoftware.com with the details for your project and we will work with you to get the deleted data.

If you are self-hosting, there isn't anything that we can do, unfortunately. If your system has any sort of backup process, it might be possible to retrieve some data from there.
answered Feb 27 by harrison Bronze Sawtooth Software, Inc. (975 points)
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, it was self-hosted.

Could you tell me what happens when we reset a survey? Does it create a new folder, or does it override the existing data file?
You're welcome, I'm sorry to hear that.

All data is deleted when survey is reset. No new files are created. The warning messages displayed in the admin module contain more details and important notes for reference.