Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Respondent Specify in grid-questions

Helo, everyone!

I have a grid (select, checkboxes). One of the row alternatives is  "other specify".
I need to  use the label of this alternative, if at least one checkbox in this row was checked,  in the later questions. How can I do it? Is any grid-version of AIC funtion there for such purposes?

Thank you in advance,

Vasyl
asked Apr 16 by Vasyl Bronze (725 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Adding Sawtooth Script like this to a future question will display the respondent's other specify text:

[% GridQ_r10_other %]

Then you could skip respondents that didn't answer that row with this skip logic:

NumChecked(GridQ_r10) = 0

In both scripts, "GridQ" and the "10" would need to be updated, of course.
answered Apr 16 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (124,300 points)
selected Apr 17 by Vasyl
Dear Zachary,

Many thanks for your answer.
I will defenetely try this approach. The problem is, that the question, where I want to display this answer is a grid-question (I want to use something, like AIC for select-questions).

Anyway, I will do the folowing

1. I will create the additional predefined list Q10RowList2, which contain tha same items as Q10RowList , exept the row with  the "other specify" option (row N, for instance)

1.GridQ10_row1
2.GridQ10_row2
N.[%Value(Q10_rN_other)%]

2. Then, for the next grid-question (Q11 for example) I will use the following constructed list (Q10RowList2 will be the parent list for it)

Begin Unverified Perl

my $numOptions = LISTLENGTH("Q10RowList2");

for(my $i =1; $i <= $numOptions; $i++){
    if(NUMCHECKED("Q10_r".$i)>0){ADD(PARENTLISTNAME(),$i);}
}

End Unverified

Sincerely,
Vasyl