Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Can the questionnaire be translated into German?

I was able to enter my questions in the questionnaire English. However, some settings remain in English such as the "NEXT"- and "BEFORE"-buttons. And I would like to know, if I can change the text of these buttons into German such as "NÄCHSTE" and "VORIGE".

Thanks.

Marco
asked Apr 27 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Assuming you are using the most recent version of Lighthouse Studio.  

From the main Toolbar, click the "Settings" icon.  (Or click Compose + Survey Settings).  

Then, select the General Settings tab.  You will see a section of that dialog called "Navigation Buttons".  Click the Settings button and you will find the place to edit the words on the buttons.

Also, pay attention to translate the error messages that respondents can see during the survey into German.  These are found in the "Error Messages" tab within this same Survey Settings dialog.
answered Apr 27 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (163,415 points)
Thank you very much for this answer. It helped me a lot.

I have a similar question regarding this topic: doing a ACBC I have a table with 5 rows (attributes) and three columns. The columns are "Feature", "Select feature" and "Cost for feature". I would like to know how I can translate these three column headings into German.

Thanks.

Marco
OK, you are talking about the settings of the BYO question in an ACBC survey.  Open your Lighthouse survey project, click Compose + Write questionnaire.  This shows you your list of questions in the survey.

You've already added an ACBC exercise, so to open and edit that ACBC exercise for the BYO question, double-click the BYO question on your list of questions.  This opens the ACBC exercise settings dialog for the BYO question.

Click the Question Settings tab on the ACBC Build-Your-Own dialog.

Scroll down in this dialog, and you'll see the fields in which you can edit the words (to change them to German) for Attribute Header Label, Level Header Label, and Price Header Label.

Hope this helps!
It perfectly worked. Thanks!