Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Adding a URL

We would like to add a URL  to the body of a question as follows
<a href="vpm-capture://www.vopopme.com/record/1234" target="_blank">Click here</a>
This is leading to the following error in the app
The webpage at vpm-capture://www.voxpopme.com/record/1234
cannot be loaded because:
net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Is there any other workaround for this please? Thanks
asked May 15 by anonymous
Just a comment and some information ...

That HTML script works fine when testing with other websites (e.g. Google, ebay, etc.).

I noticed you mentioned VoxPopMe. This enables you to capture videos within a survey right? And the videos are saved within a personal account at the VoxPopMe end?

I had some experience recently with VoxPopMe where I could get it working when linking from a termination question to VoxPopMe. They were working on a solution for Sawtooth Software within the body of a question, but hadn't quite established that solution when I was last in contact with them.

I'd be interested to see if they have come up with that solution, as I'm sure you will be.

Thought these comments were worth mentioning.

I'm hoping a forum member can assist further.

1 Answer

0 votes
Thanks Paul, any additional information you have about their solution for embedding/linking to the VoxPopMe recording application would be appreciated.

I reached out to VoxPopMe to learn more about how working with their platform from another should work in case there is anything we can do on our side to make that easier.

As I see it now, our servers won't handle the vpm-capture "protocol" because that is VoxPopMe's bread and butter, so to speak,  and the videos will be stored on their servers, not ours. So I imagine VoxPopMe needs to figure out how to "embed" their application in a page, much like an embedded YouTube video works, I think. I would be interested to know if and how this linking approach works in other survey platforms.

For now, I think Paul's experience with using a Terminate question is probably the best method to integrate with their platform. If continuing on with a Sawtooth Software survey exercise is important to you after obtaining the desired video recording, you could set up two (or more) Sawtooth Software surveys where the first survey redirects through a terminate link to the video recording platform, then when the video is recorded, the respondent is redirected to the second survey where they can continue with additional survey exercises. Some fancy tricks with respondent IDs and Pass-In Fields might need to be employed so you can follow and merge data between distinct surveys, but I imagine this might work without too much hassle.
answered May 17 by harrison Bronze Sawtooth Software, Inc. (975 points)
I was forced to use the termination page method as VoxPopMe were still in the process of having it work correctly on an embedded Sawtooth Software survey page.

I know they have it working on other surveying software when speaking to their support team.

The termination link I used looked like this ...

https://www.voxpopme.com/record/abc123def456?SurveyID=[%RespNum()%]

I passed the SurveyID out only. You can pass more variables out if necessary and they will be captured in your VoxPopMe account.

No harm in touching base with them to see if they have the working solution.