Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Add constraint during simulations

Hi everyone.

I am currently analyzing a conjoint , I have 5 attributes, one of which is a fare class (First, business, premium, economy) and another is price.

My simulation is looking for optimizing share of preference across the three fare class. So in my scenario, you have 4 products, differing from one another to the extent that one is for each fare class (so 4 products), and price as a variable. All other attributes are the same.

In my simulation, i would like to set a condition, that prices have to be the same across fare classes. So, scenario 1 could be all prices would be worth 200, scenario 2 with 250, etc.

How can I set this constrain? Otherwise I have scenarios with price differing across fare classes, which does not match my requirements. I hope I have been clear enough
asked May 16 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Our latest Market Simulator available within Lighthouse Studio v9 and also as a standalone Windows desktop application allows you to specify that certain combinations of features should not be permitted in market simulations (and in optimization searches).  These constraints can be either within the same product concept or even between product concepts (this second thing is what you need).

In the Market Simulator, choose the "Design Constraints" option on the toolbar.
answered May 17 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (164,490 points)