Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Preferred email distribution vendors?

How do other people distribute their Sawtooth surveys via email to a survey sample? Do you have preferred email distribution vendors you use? Thanks for sharing your preferences and any advice on selecting an email distribution platform.
asked Jul 17 by Grant
E-Campaign is another bulk email software by lmhsoft.  It's a one time purchase and very affordable.  I have it and still use it.  It's a great solution if you have nothing else for occasional use.  It doesn't have some features more expensive ones have and I've found their support (email only) is really not responsive at all.  But, as I said, it works and I do still use it for specific projects.
Thank you all for your help with this! I appreciate getting referrals from people who have used these services before. Hard to know without some validation from others, so thank you!

3 Answers

+1 vote
I use Campaign Enterprise from Arial Software.  It's an annual licensing fee and you host the software on your own server.  It has a lot of great features and good reporting for bounces, unsubscribes, etc.
answered Jul 17 by Jay Rutherford Gold (32,940 points)
+1 vote
Apart from paid softwares, you can also use "mail-merge" feature of Outlook. Its free and easy to use. One of the key downfall is that you cannot track the delivery using automated reports.
answered Jul 17 by Saurabh Aggarwal Gold (31,725 points)
Thanks Saurabh for chiming in. I forgot all about Outlook.
0 votes
I answer this question based on my own experiences plus the methods used by a few other people I know of within the MR / Consulting industries. I hope you find it useful.

I have used bulk mailer software / online services like Campaign Enterprise, Mach5, SendGrid, Zoho, Mail Chimp, etc.

Generally you have to pay for these in some way, shape or form.

Mail Chimp does have a free service available but there are some restrictions that may or may not suit your needs?

Campaign Enterprise is owned by a company called Arial (based in Wyoming in the US). Back in the day, they had a very affordable package for the small guy, but their pricing structure has changed somewhat and has become more expensive over time. A great package but not sure if the costs suit you?

I have had some experiences with the other software mentioned from time to time. These are best researched to see the finer details.
answered Jul 17 by Paul Moon Platinum (76,275 points)