Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

The value for MXD_5_b was not an item number in that set.

this is the error that is popping up when i am trying to upload Data for Maxdiff.
asked Nov 14 by anonymous
That error shows up when a respondent has reportedly selected an item that did not appear in the MaxDiff task.  I believe that error also prints out which line number the problems happened on.  Can you check that line in your CSV and see if their response to MXD_5_b is inconsistent with which items appeared in MXD_5 for their design?

1 Answer

0 votes
Zach's comment is correct, and the usual cause is testing the survey on your own, making some changes that require you to recreate your design, and then going in to the field with your test data still stored in Lighthouse Studio.

I'd advise going to the View/Edit data area and checking out the timestamps of your first respondents and seeing if you have any test data mixed with real data.  If so, delete everything from inside Lighthouse Studio and do a clean download from your server.

If you aren't sure of the cause, you can send in your survey files to support@sawtoothsoftware.com
answered Nov 14 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (40,095 points)