Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Effect of an attribute on the choice (in CBC)

Hello,

CBC Analysis provides information about the part-worths of attribute levels. However, is there any chance to estimate the "total" effect of an attribute in CBC?

I am interested in the effect of the attributes beside attribute levels on the (individual?) decision. So which of the attributes effected the choice made in what way. E.g. was it the color, the shape or whatever attributes someone defines in their CBC studies.

It would be great to know signs and strengths of that impact.

I hope I could draw a picture of my thoughts on what I want to know with this post.

Greetings,
Boris
asked Nov 26 by bs77 Bronze (790 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
It sounds like you are describing attribute importance scores, which try to quantify how much influence the attribute as a whole.

See section 9.4 of this paper as an example: https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/support/technical-papers/general-conjoint-analysis/interpreting-conjoint-analysis-data-2009
answered Nov 27 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (40,095 points)
Thanks for the link!
I am aware of attribute importances and what they are standing for. My intention is more in a direction if we can say something about effect of an attribute like if it is positive or negative and how strong it is. Do you know how to do so?
Greetings