Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Is it possible to change an image when the survey is already published?

I already uploaded the survey and collected some answers. No I realized there is a small mistake in one of the pictures I uploaded in a Text Question. Can I change the screenshot without effecting the survey link and the data I already collected?
asked Nov 28 by Stefanie

1 Answer

0 votes
You can change an image anytime you like and then re-upload your survey, but you need to think about the consequences of the change.

First of all, your data is safe. It will not be deleted. Just the programming files will be modified.

If it is just a simple changing of an image on a text page, that should be okay.

What you can also do is note down when the change occurred as you may want to see any differences in results with Image1 versus Image2.

I also like to include a new variable flag to indicate the change. On the text page where the image is to be changed, you can place this SSI Script ...
[%SetValue(ChangeImageFlag,1)%]

Now go into your Pass-In Fields and define "ChangeImageFlag" as a whole number.

So when your data has ChangeImageFlag=1, you know they are the resp[ondents who have seen Image2 (the new image) in your survey.
answered Nov 28 by Paul Moon Platinum (76,675 points)