Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Formating CBC in version 7

For a subset of rows within a CBC I want to decrease the standard row height (to match font size 1).  How can I alter only one or two rows?
asked Oct 24, 2012 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
I don't have access to it at the moment, but I'd use firebug in firefox or F12 in IE to launch the object inspector, select your row and get its ID, its probably something like CBC_row_1 and then use
<script type="text/javascript">
document.getElementById("CBC_row_1").style.height = '10px";
</script>

the syntax might not be 100% correct, but it should give you the idea.
answered Oct 24, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,910 points)
Hi Bahadir

Had a look, and it appears that it's not so easy ... I had a look using Firefox, and all you get for the row is something like this:

<td class="row_label_cell" width="100%">
<div class="label_text">
<b>
<br>
<br>
<right>
<font size="1">Standard calls</font>
</right>
</div>
</td>
<td class="level_text_cell alt_color2" width="0%">
<div class="level_text">
<center>
<font size="2">
<br>
</font>
<font size="1">
<br>
<br>
9c/min
</font>
</center>
</div>
</td>

Looks like the program "hard codes" the text into HTML somehow.  I couldn't see any IDs apart from the ones for the actual radio buttons for the conjoint itself (which is of course, in the last row).

Any more thoughts?
mind sending me your ssi? I can try with the cbc sample.ssi but dont know how it might be different than yours...
it should be possible to find a way, nextnode etc
Thanks heaps for the offer!  I'll check in with the client first to make sure he doesn't mind ...
Hey Bahadir ... a fellow programmer here reckons he's solved it so I won't take up any more of your time.  Haven't seen the solution yet though.