Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Conjoint - simulating market share - having multiple version of same product

If I am testing preference for say,  types of candy, where each attribute is a type of candy and the levels WITHIN each attribute are variations of the type of candy. For example

Attribute 1: Chocolate:
Level 1 = Dark
Level 2 - Milk

Attribute 2 = Boiled Sweets:
Level 1 = Lemon flavor
Level 2 = Mint

Within sawtooth market simulator how can I test the share of bringing BOTH
Dark and milk chocolate to market?

I have the simulator and I am able to ascertain share for having EITHER - alongside boiled sweets, but I want to know total addressable market if I offer both.

Note:
Example is fictional but requirement is v. real
asked Dec 21, 2019 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
It seems to me that you are describing a situation in which the firm wants to offer two products: one that is Dark Chocolate and one that is Milk Chocolate.

The market simulator lets you specify as many different product concepts as you want.  So, couldn't you accomplish this by specifying two products in the market simulator (compared to other competition) and summing the shares for the firm's two products to ascertain the net share captured versus other competition that is also in the market simulation scenario?
answered Dec 21, 2019 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (170,215 points)
Thank you - Once you confirmed it could be done - I set about figuring out in the tool.

Thank you for the quick response. New to the community and great to see such engagement