Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Implications of changing quota after study launch

Dear Sawtooth Software Team,

I have started my CBC with cross quotation (age and education).
Now it turned out, that the market research firm is not able to provide respondents based on this cross quotation, but only based on simple quotations on age and education (seperatly).

For now the survey is paused.

I have read in the manual, that quotas (except quota limits) can not be changed once the study has been startet. What implications does it have for my further data collection, if I change the quotas from cross quotation to simple quotation in Lighthouse Studio and upload the survey again?
Is there any option to asign the already collected respondents to the new Quotas?

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards
Mel
asked Jan 6 by Mel (230 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
As you mentioned, changing the limits via the admin module is easy.

Changing quota definitions has a bigger impact. There is no quota "re-align" feature that changes the quota data from the old to the new. Yes, it would be nice.

In situations like this, I tend to backup the data now, think about the affects of the quota changes, make those changes and then continue surveying.

Thinking of your new quotas, manually calculate the completed counts in the current data set (you will also need to consider potential completes that currently reside as incompletes) and then set your new quota targets and definitions up. Now continue the surveying.

This gets that more difficult when least fill quotas are involved or there are many quotas involved.

Apologies for not being the bearer of good news.
answered Jan 7 by Paul Moon Platinum (78,075 points)