Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Accumulate issue: incomplete vs complete

I've come across a situation where SSIWeb behaves against my expectations:

I have 2 data files, one has a respondent as incomplete, the latter has the same respondent as complete.
When I accumulate data, selecting skip duplicates, the respondent appears as he is in first file, incomplete. Shouldn't it recognize that even though the internal IDs and starttimes are the same the latter should take precedence?

what am I missing?

ps:latest version of SSIWeb7
asked Jan 4, 2013 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,910 points)
Are these CAPI files and how did you get to where you have the same record twice?
I'm not sure how my colleagues ended up with such data, I assume they've taken data on a daily basis, thus we have respA incomplete in one datafile and the same guy complete the other day.

This is not much different than normal capi behavior, except one would not have such two datafiles in the same import*.. Perhaps that's why I've never ran across such a thing till now

1 Answer

+1 vote
V8 has a smart accumulator that would match respondents as you would expect.  V7 is much different.  I believe it only looks at the respondent number and the start time and doesn't try to assume anything about respondents as the same.
answered Jan 4, 2013 by Mike Lodder Gold (23,395 points)