Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Possible bug in MaxDiff LCA in version 8.2?

Hello,

I've been playing around with the new LCA segmentation capability for MaxDiff exercises, and I seem to regularly get the following error whenever I click on "Settings": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." It doesn't affect my ability to run the estimation, but I am not able to make any changes in the settings window.

So far I've only used this feature on past projects, so I've had to update the versions of those SSI files. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
asked Mar 6, 2013 by anonymous
retagged Mar 7, 2013 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
In your past project, was the respondent numbering set to "Other"?  There is a conversion bug related to this setting.  If you change the respondent numbering to internal or sequential in your past project and then convert again, you should see the settings for Latent Class properly.  If that doesn't work, give us a call.  This will be fixed in the next bug fix release.
answered Mar 7, 2013 by Jon Heaton Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (9,855 points)
Yes, this is appears to be the reason. We use ConfirmIt for most questionnaires, and re-direct to Sawtooth's servers for conjoint/maxdiff exercises. I usally change the respondent numbering to the respid from Confirmit to facilitate my tracking of responses. Thanks.