Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

SSI Web v8 data & dashboards

I have been asked if SSI Web v8 "live" data at the host, which is saved in a database format, can be connected to a dashboard in something like Excel?

The idea is to have a dashboard that is constantly updating as the field work progresses.

If yes, does anyone have any tips?

One further question I have - is there any dangers of corrupting the Sawtooth data if linking to an Excel dashboard (or any dashboard software for that matter)?

Many thanks.
asked Sep 27, 2013 by Paul Moon Platinum (76,675 points)
edited Sep 27, 2013 by Walter Williams

3 Answers

+2 votes
Hi Paul,

It is possible. We can duplicate/copy the database at regular interval in the server writing some web based codes with the help of tech guys.

Then link your database with the online dashboard and update automatically at regular time interval.

Since we duplicate/copy database, the live database won't affect at all.

Thanks,
Lawrence
answered Sep 27, 2013 by Lawrence Bronze (2,100 points)
+1 vote
I am using php pages to create online dashboard using database tables on v8. I never got any dangers of corrupting the sawtooth data. I am running query to generate online reports run time. Will send you some screenshot in your email id. You can create your own by writing php code using sql query.
answered Sep 27, 2013 by Rajesh Rana
Do you have a simple example of php programming which extracts the data for a crosstab or frequency counts? From my research on it so far, it looks very much like Perl.

We are hoping to get this up and runnign very soon.

Thanks.
+1 vote
Hi Paul,

There is no threat of corruption of Sawtooth data as Dashboard will only extract the data. All the operations related to computation are expected to be done in your customized dashboard. We had created few custom dashboard connected with live MySQL and it works perfectly.

Regards,
Saurabh
answered Sep 27, 2013 by anonymous