Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

PageTime calculation

Hi,

I am running one survey, where I need to remove time based outliers in fielding. I used PageTime function from 1 to last page. I cross checked the no to make sure, it is calculating correct time. Here is the thing.

Total elapsed time : 2349
Total time taken on each page : 1105956

I assume total time taken on each page is in  milliseconds and i need to divide this by 1000. In this case it is coming ~1106. I am confusing, is it my total elapsed time now, it should be ~2349.

Any help on this.
asked Oct 9, 2013 by Rajesh Rana Gold (23,660 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes

Best answer
Page times keep track of how long the respondent saw the page not necessarily how long they took a break and came back later to answer the question from a restart, it doesn't count server processing time, or network latency.  That should be the more accurate time spent taking the survey versus elapsed time which is end time minus start time and does include all the extra latency and processing time.
answered Oct 9, 2013 by Mike Lodder Gold (23,395 points)
selected Oct 10, 2013 by Rajesh Rana
Thanks Mike, It will help me more than elapsed time. So Total pagetime mean, actual time taken by respondent?