Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I change the "Next" button on the final survey page to say "submit survey"

Rather than say "next" as I am doing on all other pages, I would like the final submit button to say "submit survey."  How can I do this?

Many thanks!
asked Oct 18, 2014 by Annie

2 Answers

0 votes
Check out a similar post which should assist your query ...

https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/forum/5895/creating-a-submit-button?show=5895#q5895
answered Oct 18, 2014 by Paul Moon Platinum (81,475 points)
Thank you for your reply.  I am able to create a button but cannot remove the original button.  Both appear.  I tried using the next graphic and using the text, next.  
I get an error on the remove function.
The function call "Remove Next" does not exist.  I am using 8.3.8.
0 votes
Annie, I found a fairly simple solution. Under Survey Settings\General Format\Navigation Buttons\Settings\Submit Button, write some Perl code that references the page number.

If you are on the first page, show the button label "Begin Survey". If you are on the next-to-last page (the one before your Term/Link question) show "Submit". All others show "Next."

This code by itself does not remove the "back" button. But I suppose some fancy CSS work may be able to accommodate.

Good luck.

[%Begin Unverified Perl  
 if(PAGENUMBER() == 1)  
  {  
   return "Begin Survey";  
  }
 elsif(PAGENUMBER() == TOTALPAGES() - 1)  
  {  
   return "Submit Survey";  
  } 
 else  
  {  
   return "Next >>";  
  } 
End Unverified%]
answered Nov 13, 2014 by WTW_cal Bronze (1,595 points)