Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Imposing constraints in the multinomial Logit analysis in SMRT

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to impose constraints when using "Compute Utilities" (multinomial Logit analysis) in SMRT.  For example, in one attribute, we have prices such as $100, $200, and $300.  We would like to impose constraints so that $100 is prefered to $200 and $200 is prefered to $300.  I understand that we can do this in CBC HB but I am wondering if it is possible in SMRT as well.

Thanks.
asked Mar 13, 2012 by anonymous
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
No, sorry.  Our Latent Class standalone software system allows you to do this.  You just ask Latent Class to give you a 1-group solution.  That's the same result as aggregate logit.  And, you can impose utility constraints within Latent Class.
answered Mar 13, 2012 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (164,490 points)
And, now that I think of it, you don't need to run Latent Class in its standalone version.  Once you get Latent Class, it also intergrates within SMRT.  So, you can then (within SMRT) set it to a one-group solution, and impose utility constraints.  So, either way.