Lighthouse Studio: ACA
Adaptive Conjoint Analysis (ACA) is survey style where the computer interview customizes the experience for each respondent. It is designed for situations in which the number of attributes exceeds what can reasonably done with more traditional methods (such as CBC or traditional conjoint—CVA). ACA focuses on the attributes that are most relevant to the respondent and avoids information overload by focusing on just a few attributes at a time.
Our ACA software is a component within our Lighthouse Studio suite of tools. It is typically used for product design and segmentation research, where the number of attributes exceeds about six. ACA is not commonly used for pricing research, as it can tend to understate the true importance of price.
- Two system sizes to choose from: up to 10 attributes / up to 30 attributes
- Up to 15 levels per attribute (text and/or graphics)
- Built-in utility estimation routine based on Ordinary Least-Squares regression
- Web-based or CAPI interviewing (computers not connected to the Internet)
- SMRT software included, for conducting market simulations
- Includes comprehensive manual, with tutorial and examples
Lighthouse Studio requires Windows 7 or later.
For web-based data collection, the software works on any Windows or Unix(Linux) based server platform that supports Perl scripts (including inexpensive shared hosting solutions).