Warning: Sawtooth Software considers Choice-Based Conjoint and Adaptive Choice-Based Conjoint as the preferred techniques for measuring price sensitivity. Please use the Gabor-Granger approach with caution.
Respondents answer a series of pricing questions. The question completes once the highest price the respondent is willing to pay has been determined.
- The _DynamicPriceX variables will record the order the respondent saw prices; if the respondent sees the third price first,
_DynamicPrice1 = 3.
- The _DynamicResponseX variables will record the responses relative to the order that the respondent saw the prices; if the respondent clicks the second button for the first price they see,
_DynamicResponse1 = 2.
- The _FixedResponseX variables will record the responses relative to the order that the prices were defined; if the respondent clicks the second button when shown the fourth price,
_FixedResponse4 = 2.
- The _HighestPrice variable will record the highest price marked as acceptable, or
0if no price was marked as acceptable.
- The _Radio variable is for internal use and should not be modified.
- Requires Better Lighthouse Library.
- Header 1 has two possible question texts, the former for a five-point Price Laddering question and the latter for a yes-no Price Laddering question.
- Footer has text that will be displayed after the exercise is complete.
- Line 5 of the HTML defines the prices to be offered to respondents, from least to greatest.
- The variables "_DynamicPriceX," "_DynamicResponseX," and "_FixedResponseX" should be duplicated so that one of each variable exists for each price on line 5.
- The first price a respondent sees is determined by line 6 of the HTML:
my $start = 4;- Respondents start on the fourth lowest price.
my $start = 'middle';- Respondents start on the middlemost price.
my $start = 'random';- Respondents start on a random price.
- The acceptable and unacceptable response options are defined on lines 7 and 8 of the HTML. It is standard to either include two acceptable responses and three unacceptable responses (default), or one acceptable response and one unacceptable response ("Yes" and "No").
- Line 9 defines how the question selects the next price to display.
1will display the next adjacent price;
2will display a random valid price.
- Whether the question should require a response can be set on line 10. The error message to display if not responded to can be set on line 11.