The 2019 Sawtooth Software Conference will be held September 25-27, 2019 in San Diego, California at the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa. It is held only once every 18 months and 175 to 250 people are expected.
We're looking to increase diversity in the program in terms of demographics, industries, and new perspectives. Even if you’ve never presented at a conference before, we welcome your proposal! If you know of great speakers in underrepresented groups, please let us know and we'll reach out to invite them to submit.
What’s new for 2019? In addition to the standard methodological papers track, we are adding a new corporate researcher’s speaking track. Methodological proposals lead to papers published in our conference proceedings, whereas corporate researcher track proposals do not require a written paper.
If you are interested in delivering a 25-30 minute presentation, please respond by February 23 to this call for presentations. Indicate whether you are submitting for the methodological track, the corporate researcher’s track, or both.
- Methodological track: in addition to standard presentation slides, authors are required to submit a journal-quality written paper (after the conference) for publication in the Conference Proceedings. Presentations are designed to appeal to marketing scientists and economists. We're looking for papers that have methodological rigor, but that are practical and clear enough for our mostly-practitioner audience.
- Corporate researcher’s track: Lead presenter must be a corporate, client-side researcher (not a supplier, consultant, or research provider). Case studies and demonstrations of practical outcomes are encouraged.
Presenters receive a complimentary conference registration (one per presentation). If you'd like to be on the program:
- Indicate whether you are targeting the methodological track, the corporate researcher’s track, or both.
- Include a 75-word description of your presentation for the conference brochure.
We are interested in papers on a variety of subjects, including general web/mobile interviewing issues, market segmentation, scale development, customer satisfaction modeling, conjoint/menu/choice analysis, MaxDiff (best-worst scaling), perceptual mapping, hierarchical Bayes methods, forecasting, pricing research, market simulations, text analytics, social media analytics, and case studies. These papers need not involve Sawtooth Software's programs or approach. No proprietary or patented methods are permitted. Though the focus of the conference tends to be on conjoint/choice analysis, non-conjoint presentations are encouraged.
Methodological track presenters: If your abstract is accepted, a member of the steering committee will review early drafts of your presentation and offer suggestions. Authors are expected to consider these suggestions conscientiously and rework their presentations as needed. Sawtooth Software reserves the right to remove any author from the program or proceedings that fails to meet deadlines or produce high quality work.
Sawtooth Software Conference 2019 Steering Committee Members are:
- Chris Chapman, Google
- Keith Chrzan, Sawtooth Software
- Eleanor Feit, Drexel University
- Joel Huber, Duke University
- David Lyon, Aurora Market Modeling
- Bryan Orme (Chair), Sawtooth Software